I guess I need to clarify that I am not mourning a "real baby". . . I've been met with a few "at least you lost the pregnancy before it was a baby". This is when my heart drops into my stomach.
No my losses where not "babies". They did not have fully functioning hearts yet, they did not have fingers or toes. They did not develop into a human being that would be recognizable.
But I still lost my baby. . . it was the potential of the baby. I lost the potential child that conceived but did not live. It is the potential of this child that I mourn.
So please don't minimize my loss just because my pregnancy was not far enough along to be a "real baby". . .trust me after 5 losses this is as real as it gets and I don't need your opinion to cut me down no matter how well meaning you are with your statement.
2 comments:
I recently found your blog. Thank you for your honesty.
Losing a baby is losing a baby, no matter when in the pregnancy it happens. I am sorry that some have felt the need to minimize your losses. As soon as that line appears on the stick, you have hopes and dreams for that baby.
Again I am sorry for your losses and hope that your appt in August sheds some light and hope.
Carrie
Thank you Carrie :)
Post a Comment