A good (internet) friend of mine told me "You will never get over this." It hit me like a ton of bricks for a few seconds but then I felt peace. . . I will never get over this. It was comforting because I am not expected to do so. I don't have to. I reject that fact that I will go back to the person I was before my heart broke and that's okay with me. . .I don't want to be that person. I am me now and I know that as I heal I can hopefully provide comfort to other women struggling with the same loss and hopefully be a guide for them while they travel this road I've been down.
"A miscarriage is a natural and common event. All told, probably more women have lost a child from this world than haven't. Most don't mention it, and they go on from day to day as if it hadn't happened, so people imagine a woman in this situation never really knew or loved what she had.
But ask her sometime: how old would your child be now? And she'll know."
-Barbara Kingsolver
No comments:
Post a Comment