Jack is amazing. He surprises me everyday with something new, something he can do or say today that he couldn't yesterday.
Our hours consist of saying the alphabet a thousand times, naming every toy he picks up, and naming every color we encounter. We watch his favorite shows because I need time to unplug. He plunges himself off various pieces of furniture and we soothe "boo-boos" daily. I can only hope to not clean up massive messes that he gets in to when I'm not looking. Last week's baby powder explosion (where he emptied an entire bottle of powder in the house) was the last straw and I have now toddler proofed everything that has destructive potential. We are trying to find a solution to his escaping the house. I have on more than one occasion found him walking out the front door and I have to go grab him in various stages of undress because when he gets outside he runs. . . fast. Sorry neighbors, I am sure I've been spotted with indecent exposure.
Meal time is still horrible but that's nothing new. . . the kid won't eat, especially for me. He's still growing on track and is just a little on the thin side. He'll hopefully decide one day that food isn't so bad. Until then I just have a very skinny tall boy.
I have no idea what I did before I had him. . . no idea at all. I was probably extremely bored.
No comments:
Post a Comment