Monday, September 5, 2011

I have to say this....

I think I know why I keep a strong and brave face on. . . because when I don't I have people tell me I need to take a break.  I need to go to counseling.  I need to just stop trying to have another baby and focus on me. 

All those things may be right, I'm not saying they are not.  I am upset because I desire another child and I can't achieve that dream.  I am sad because although I have gotten pregnant I don't have a baby. 

So how is taking a break from trying to have a baby going to equal in a baby?  It won't.  I will eventually start again at some point and I will be 1, 5, 8 months later in that quest.  What if I have the same issues when I start to try again?  What if it take another year or 2?  Then I'll be 3, 4, 5 years from this point...still no baby. 

So stopping for a "break" is not an option. . .it just isn't.  I wanted my kids 2 years apart and that dream has left the building a long long time ago.  I am now looking at 2 under 3 IF I get pregnant this next cycle.  I did not want my kids 5 or 6 years apart....I didn't even want 4 years apart. 

This is my dream and if I feel like I can push forward with it let me.  I think after all I've been through I am doing damn well, I still take care of my family.  I still go to work.  I still smile and enjoy my son. 

So I am okay.  When I am not okay I will be the first one to admit it and we will stop this madness and abort our mission for baby #2.  Let me be the judge of that and let me cry and fall apart once in a while, okay?  I need it. 

1 comment:

Dana said...

Well said. You know what you need.