Monday, August 29, 2011

Operation Big Boy Bedroom has commenced....

Well, not really since I have probably $0.01 in my bank account right now (lots of unexpected crap came up the last few months and we are just catching up)....but at least I am getting ideas for things. 

We are going to move Jack into the office/playroom and keep Jack's nursery set up for phantom baby #2.  If phantom baby is a girl then we'll redo the nursery, if it's a boy we will just keep it the same.  Sorry kid #2, you don't get a personalized nursery.  Hope you like polar bears and blue. 

So Jack will have a "big boy" room and he will have to deal with it for quite of few years so we are going to do a neutral boy theme.

I want dark navy blue distressed furniture, I am perusing craigslist for a dresser and hutch to paint and distress myself.  I am waiting on a call back from a furniture maker for a price quote on a farmhouse bed.  I love his furniture and it's the same one that made my bathroom shelf, cabinet and hallway piece.

We are doing a gray (with a hint of blue) color on the walls, white trim, and white shelving.  I may or may not do a white bead board around the room in an attempt to make the room look bigger. 

I want white curtains which I think will look great against the medium dark walls.  And of course we will have to put up blackout blinds to keep the sun out.

The bedding is what is hanging me up...I can't find ANYTHING I love.  If I find something I like it doesn't come in a twin.  I just want a quilt that has red/blue/gray/white/cream.  Why on earth is that so hard?

I am going to find a old red antique car, some letters A, B and C for the wall.  I think I will put a toy box in there if there is room for some of his toys and a I'll put his "road map" rug on the floor. 


I am pretty excited about his room and I am just saving money to try to do it.  The problem is all 4 trillion of his toys will need to find a new home...somewhere.  We only have a 3 rooms in this house other than our living room.  So I have a feeling the majority of his toys will find a new home in our basement and I'll rotate them out every couple months.  I really wish we could finish our basement.  Oh well.

No comments: