I may be borderline diabetic which honestly surprises me a little bit. I have issues with hypoglycemia sometimes but never thought that my sugar levels where going to be high. My hemoglobin A1C was 5.8...the high end of normal is 5.7. I just have to up my exercise and modify my diet.
One of the "big" findings is I have 2 mutations of the gene MTHFR which can be the cause of my multiple losses. I don't know much about it yet, only that it's not "dangerous" according to my nurse but it may very well be the culprit of our miscarriages. I googled it for about 2 minutes and was on information overload. I'll speak with my OB about what exact gene mutation I have since there seem to be a few different combinations.
Also, because of this gene mutation I have to continue the baby aspirin and will take a very high dose of folic acid and B vitamins...it's called Folgard. There was mumblings of having to take lovenox or heparin once I do get pregnant, can ONE thing about pregnancy be easy for me?
Also, my TSH level was 2.34 which isn't "bad" but my OB wants me to start taking Synthroid 50 mcg anyway.
Oh, my saline infusion sonogram was today too and it didn't hurt near as bad as I thought it was going to. I won't have results until next week, but I will say the tech had a weird look on her face through some of it and my right ovary looks like swiss cheese. My left looks incredibly tiny...not sure what all that means? Guess I'll find out soon enough.
2 comments:
Hi, I work with Neevo. I am so sorry for your losses. Maybe I can provide some additional information on MTHFR? MTHFR refers to the MTHFR enzyme in your body. Having MTHFR is an indication that you may be limited in the value you get from folic acid. You may want to seek a more modern form of supplementation, such as l-methylfolate, found in NeevoDHA. L-methylfolate is the active form of folate, what your body makes from folic acid. L-methylfolate is 7 times more bioavailable than folic acid. L-methylfolate bypasses the MTHFR polymorphism. L-methylfolate is also more effective in lowering homocysteine than folic acid. L-methylfolate also helps maintain hemoglobin levels. You can read more at http://www.neevodha.com/. I hope this information helps. I wish you luck.
Thanks Susan, I'll look into it :)
Post a Comment