Monday, March 7, 2011

Shape.com is going to make me skinny

One of the things that I am using to lose weight is the website "Shape", http://www.shape.com/ .


I use their virtual trainer to track my calories, fat and exercise. It tells me to eat more or less in order to lose weight (but who am I kidding, the "eat more" part of my graph will never be lit up, haha). I love it so far and I did really well yesterday. It's amazing to me how many calories are in food....I know it's like "newsflash!", food has calories but I guess I didn't realize how many.


The neat part of their tracker is that you can put in exercise time and it will give you extra calories as part of your daily allowance...so I know if I really really want a scoop of ice cream I can have it, but I need to work out to burn those extra calories off. It's a checks and balance system that I think will work for me. I am not a huge fan of working out so I will probably just not eat extra food so I don't have to.


I am coming to realize my biggest issue is portion size. If I could just start cutting my serving sizes in half I would drop this weight, I know it. I suffer from near constant nausea from what my doctor believes to be IBS (I am leaning towards a irritable gallbladder issue instead, but that's another story) so when I get hungry I HAVE to eat. I must eat all the time in order to keep my nausea at a controllable level. I can't keep taking zofran for the rest of my life and I can't keep this weight on, so I have to figure out something else.


Maybe with 40 less pounds my gallbladder will simmer down and stop making me miserable and thus I can cut back on food...it's a vicious cycle.

No comments: