I want to talk about Ryan for a minute...I don't think he reads this blog so he'll probably never see this.
He surprises me. In a good way, I promise. We've dated next to forever and he has been "difficult" in the past. He's a hot-head, he's independent and he doesn't like when things go wrong. At all. Before I even got pregnant with Jack I was worried about a child spilling milk on the couch, making a mess of the house, screaming at all hours of the night and how he would react. I could just picture his head imploding at the very thought of finding a rotting apple hidden in one of his surround sound speakers (true story by the way). I wanted him to be a daddy and in my heart I knew he would do great...my head told me that this may be a difficult transition for him and I feared we'd regret having a child.
I've never been so wrong in my life. He's an amazing father...like not the "I'm his wife and I have to say that" kind of way...he is. I am fairly certain if I wasn't in the picture he'd truck on without me raising Jack without missing a beat.
One look from Jack lights his face up in a way I've never seen him grin. He's patient, he's gentle. I love him more now than I ever have and I've never been more content with my choice to marry him and melt my life into his. I love him and I am so glad I call him my best friend and I am so glad Jack calls him "Dad".
(full disclaimer here: I get that Jack is almost 2 and not 16 and he will turn into a raging non-compliant teenager who will test the love of Ryan and I...I get it. It's easy to love a chubby cheeked toddler, but I have full faith now that Ryan will still be a great dad to a teen. Ryan if you do read this blog, DO NOT MAKE ME EAT MY WORDS 14 years from now, mmkay?)
No comments:
Post a Comment