Jack will be three years old in 30 days :) How in the hell did this happen? We just did the turning 2 years old thing a few weeks ago didn't we?
My days consist of listening to him recite the ABC's approximately a bamillion times a day. We identify every single number (up to 20) and every single letter on everything we encounter. Everything. My favorite is "13"....it comes out "Bert-teen" lol. I always wonder if he watches too much TV during the day, especially now that I am on bed rest but hearing that sweet alphabet coming from his little mouth makes me confident that I somehow balance the TV time and time that we sit together and learn.
Jack will not be entering preschool this year for a few reasons so I have to really step it up and be his teacher. I don't mind it and actually love sitting in front of a book with him. We are getting him a dry erase easel board for his birthday (shush, don't tell him) so I can imagine I'll be spending many hours in front of that thing while he asks me to draw stuff.
This all has came at a great surprise to me since Jack was verbally behind all this time and we were concerned. I still have the Scottish Rite number in my planner but I never called. He started showing improvement and I decided to wait it out a few more weeks. In those weeks he had a huge word explosion and now he speaks full sentences.
I'm so proud of my little guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment