Sunday, January 22, 2012

The stitch of pain

I got a cerclage on Friday after much discussion about pros and cons of having one to help with my preterm labor issues.  I was 12 weeks 4 days when it was placed and it will come out at either 36 or 37 weeks depending on what's going on with my cervix at that time. 

The actual procedure of the cerclage wasnt' horrible although I do not recommend being totally awake in an operating room while being worked on....not fun.

The aftermath of the cerclage was horrible.  Couldn't eat,  Couldn't pee.  Extreme pain.  Extreme nausea.  Couldn't stop shaking from the spinal anesthesia.  It was done at 1:30 pm on Friday and I came home Saturday late morning and was relatively feeling normal and not in pain this morning on Sunday.  This is evidently not a "normal" reaction from what I've gathered from other people after cerclage placement.

Oh, and I am most likely allergic to dilaudid :(  That's fun to find out after about 5 doses and even it wasn't touching my pain enough to take it all away. 

So glad it's over and I hope after all that pain it's worth it and keeps me pregnant with this child....who by the way better be cute after what I've went through ;)

No comments: