Thursday, April 7, 2011

Our home

Another thing I want to talk about on this blog is our home. We have done soooo much updating here that I may never want to leave. We bought this place as a starter home and thought we'd be here for a max 2 years. Never in a million years did I think 6 years later we'd still be here. (Thank you for the downfall of the housing market, Economy); that was sarcastic if you couldn't tell.



So we did the best we could in making this house into a home where I feel comfortable and relaxed. I hated the bathroom so we gutted it and make a bathroom that I enjoy. I hated the crappy carpet so we placed solid hardwood floors in the entire house. I hated the linoleum that was supposed to be white but was somehow yellow so we put tile down. Replaced the roof, repainted the shutters, ripped out the hideous yew bushes and planted gorgeous roses with a landscaping wall. I adore my roses in the front and can't wait to see them bloom this year. Our windows rattled and you could feel a cold draft in the winter so we replaced them with brand new ones. Installed a fence for the dogs, dug up all the ivy that was all over our backyard. We painted every room, made Jack a nursery that looked great. All over the 6 years we have been here.



This starter house became a home under our very own eyes and if one day we do move, I will bawl my eyes out. I am attached to this place. Next up we are going to tackle the kitchen. I LOATHE our kitchen and I don't have a dishwasher because the way it's set up it won't fit. We had planned to renovate this month but then last minute decided to be responsible adults and pay off my car and a lot of credit debt instead. I am mourning the loss of my phantom kitchen, but all will be well next year when we redo it and I get to replace my white appliance with stainless steel...the deal was if I waited a year I get new appliances so that makes me happy. I'm cool with compromising when it involves a shiny new stove, dishwasher and fridge :)



Until then we miniredecorated my living room. It was very dark and kind of mismatched so new lighter paint, new lighting (which I haven't been able to find yet) and new theme (I am undecided about what I want to do yet) made it look bigger and makes me happy. I'll post pictures when it is finished :)

No comments: