Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Who is "Monkey"?

What do I think of when I see a monkey? A fuzzy little creature that may or may not have a giant bubbly red bottom like a baboon. Do I think of giant gorillas or orangutans. How bout those cute little ones that wear the outfits and little red caps? Until 3 weeks ago these may have been the images in my mind when I thought of a monkey.

Now, as I sit here on my couch totally sleep deprived and think of a monkey.....I think of my son, Jack. He is our little monkey; or as Ryan calls him, "Monkey-man". We do not know why his nickname became Monkey, he doesn't look like one nor do we have some weird obsession with them. He was born, we fell in love and he became "Monkey". This is it, no questions asked.

We were two people who fell in love as teens, got married in our early twenties and brought the most amazing little boy into this world....and Monkey made three.

No comments: