Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Jack's Stats

I guess I should give some stats about Jack since he is the inspiration for me creating this blog.

He was born July 25th at 5:28 am, it was a Saturday. He was 37 weeks and 4 days. Jack weighed in at 6 lbs and 14 oz and 19 inches long according to the L&D nurse, but he measured 20.5 inches 2 days later at the pediatrician's office. So I say he was 20.5 inches at birth.

I'll eventually post my birth story although there isn't anything abnormal or special about his delivery. I went into labor and had him within 15 hours. It was fantastic and simple, no drama or tense moments.

With it being my first baby I thought labor would last longer, hurt more....I don't know, be like the deliveries I watched on tv. It was so calm and peaceful. I remember getting set up to push with the little blue cart and getting my feet in the stirrups and everything around me disappeared. I remember feeling Ryan's hands on my left leg and I remember watching the mirror they set up so I could watch him being born too. I could hear the nurse calming counting to ten and I remember pushing (and the pain/pressure but that is a distant vague memory)....I was the most relaxed and calm I have ever been in my life during those moments pushing. It was a weird feeling and I would give anything to do it again, it was unlike anything I have ever done and I loved every painful second bringing my son into this world.

Actual birth story to come when I get the time and inclination to post it......

No comments: