Here is what that means:
"Rainbow Babies is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn’t mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope."
I honestly thought that we may never get to this point and have another child. Seeing her for the first time and holding her was one of the best moments of my life. Jack's birth was another "best moment of my life" occasions but it was different with her birth. There was so much added baggage, so much added emotional weight. She is a very special child, one that we didn't think was possible. The sigh of relief that she was here and alive and perfect was huge for me. Worry during the pregnancy was sometimes suffocating even if I didn't show it. I feared that she would pass away in utero and my dreams would be dashed away from me again.
But that did not happen. The floor did not drop from under us. She is amazing and healthy and beautiful. Labor was a little challenging in the beginning but all in all it went well. I'll post my birth story once I sit down and get it written.
I'll post photos of her soon.
1 comment:
Congratulations on baby Scarlett!
Post a Comment