(and by the way, I felt very sick in this photo so excuse the yucky face)
This pregnancy just may give me gray hair. So on Thursday I had my weekly appointment. I had a feeling my cervix would be shorter than it's ever been because the week before the appointment I've been having a ton of contractions and low back pain. I knew that something was going on in there. I took my procardia once or twice a day and I tried to manage the pain. I almost went to L&D once over the weekend because my back was hurting so bad. I never have "normal, timeable" contractions...it's more of a cramping that is mild in my front abdomen and in my hips and moderate back constant lower back pain. I knew it was my uterus because if I took a procardia (anti-contraction medicine) it dulled it or if Ryan put counterpressure on my back the pain lessened. I have to start taking my procarida every 6 hours around the clock. Setting my alarm for 2 am is so not fun just to take a pill.
Anyway, back to my appointment. Cervix is 32ish and still stable but there is less of it above my stitch. Scarlett is putting pressure on it a little bit according to Dr. Highrisk when he did an internal but it's not direct extreme pressure yet. If my cervix moves forward where her head is wanting to sit then I may be in trouble. Right now it's more posterior.
But that's not even the most concerning problem now. Scarlett has always been totally average in growth until now. She dropped to the 20th percentile overall and her little abdomen dropped to the 5th percentile. Dr. Highrisk said he's not worried just yet but we need to watch her closely. If she continues to drop then we need to start wondering what is going on in there. We checked her umbilical cord pressures and it appeared okay. Her fluid is okay. I am praying that my placenta isn't the issue and we have to deliver her way too early because she's not growing. I swear, if it isn't one thing it's another. We'll get through this but I just wish I could go a couple months without worry, without meds, without ultrasounds, without fear, without pain. Oh well, she's worth it and everything has to be okay in the end. It just has to.
So there is my 26 week update. And I don't have any pictures of her this time, her head is so far down we can't get a picture of her face. If she stays down there we probably won't be able to see her face until delivery.

No comments:
Post a Comment