Thursday, September 2, 2010

13 month well baby visit :)

Jack had his 12 month vaccinations (a month late) today and had his blood drawn to test for lead. I hate seeing him "hurt" cry...it turns my stomach upside down to watch is face scrunch up with pain. Hate it. That is why I recruited Daddy to come and hold him since I was the lucky one to do it at 6 months. (We have done some major renovations to our home and it was built before 1970 so he was tested for lead at 6 months and today if you were wondering)

He was 24.5 lb and 31.5 inches tall (he was over 31 inches a few months ago??...I guess he didn't grow). He's in the 50% for weight and 83% for height. Dr. Wolfe, who is his amazing pediatrician, said he looks great and developmentally on track. He is a little behind on talking, but she said since he was so great with his fine and gross motor skills that he may talk a little later than "normal". She also said that his disdain for all table foods that are not crackers or puffs is normal for this age and to keep offering veggies, fruit and meat on a daily basis.

She also recommended we ditch the bottle soon...O.M.G...this kid loves his bottle. Like not just kind of loves it but MUST HAVE A BOTTLE! So I decided that on Tues we are cold turkey ditching all bottles since I have 6 days off from work. That way we both can be miserable for a few days in the peace of our own home...we don't have to go anywhere. Please pray for my sanity next week and he soon forgets the bottle. I can't believe my baby won't have any more bottles ever again. For some reason that stings more than any other milestone he has reached.

No comments: