Tuesday, April 20, 2010

96 days

96 days until Jack's first birthday....


I'm practically hyperventilating in the corner just thinking about it. What the hell happened to my brand-new squishy baby, you know the one that was just oh so NEWBORN. The one that when I saved my photos onto the computer they started with 2 weeks, 3 weeks, all in weeks. Now I am saving photos as months...soon I'll be saving them as years (omg, omg make it STOP).

Just today Jack wiggled off my chest and down onto the ground from the couch and took off down the hallway. I literally sat there dumbfounded about what just happened...did my baby really just go from sitting on my lap, to the floor and then on to the bathroom by himself on his own accord? It took everything I had to not go grab him and make him sit back on my lap and ENJOY it...like force the child to be happy on me.

Oh and how about this kick in the face: A week ago I was giving him kisses and he pushed my face away rolled over and crawled away.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

I guess this is why parents of adult children still call them "babies". In some tiny part of my brain I am unable to see him as anything other than that...my baby. Even though he crawls now and doesn't seem interested in just sitting with me, even though he is nearing his first birthday, even though his tiny little hands pushed me away because Dora the Explorer was more interesting than mom, I STILL see that curled up newborn baby with a ton of dark hair that we met 269 days ago.

No comments: