I should be sleeping right now (it's currently 2 am) but I can't. Jack is sound asleep dreaming his sweet baby dreams, so I am surfing the internet.
We started feeding Jack pureed food a couple weeks ago and so far our child will eat anything you put on a spoon. His favorite is sweet potatoes and pears (coincidentally also my favorite). Green beans are not on his favorite list either followed closely by squash. I've made him green beans, sweet potato, avocado, apple, pear, two different kinds of squash, banana and carrots.
I make his food because lets face it, jarred food is expensive. I spend a couple dollars on fruit and veggies and make massive amounts of puree. I scrub the fruit/veggie and then steam it until it's soft. If it's a "root" veggie I toss the left over water because of the nitrates. If it's a veggie/fruit that comes from a tree or vine I will reuse the water to thin it out. I use a handheld blender to puree the food and I pour it into ice cube trays to freeze. I pop out all the cubes and put them in ziploc bags. The food can be frozen for 3 months.
Each cube is roughly 1 oz, so I am saving tons of money doing this. I enjoy stocking the freezer with all my different bags of food for Jack.
No comments:
Post a Comment